Monday, July 26, 2010

Ooh La La

This little blue chair was feeling a bit down on itself when we found it. In a series of quite unfortunate events Monsieur Chair found it's light lovely blue fabric being used as a scratching post by an unrelenting chatte (that's cat for us English speaking folk).


It's a bit difficult to see but the side of this arm has served well as a scratching post.



Look at all that potential though!

We just couldn't let ALL that potential go to waste so we got out our wands, and by that I of course mean our blood, sweat and tears (it just doesn't have the same ring) and VIOLA!

I absolutely LOVE this french linen chair! It will be making its way to Swiss Days but I must admit with a lot of reluctance on our part. Monsieur Chair we'll forever chase the cats away!
This chair redo is linked to a fun party! Check it out here.

-Andrea

12 comments:

  1. Love this transformation. Where did you get the fabric? Gorgeous.
    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose such perfect fabric! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, It is wonderful! Love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great upholstery job! I wish you had pics of the actual process! Following you now, as I do a lot of sewing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments ladies! :) As for the fabric it came from a home dec/bulk store in AZ called Mesa Sales. The fabric was harder then heck to find but I believe it is made by lakehouse fabrics and is called Le Petite Tweet...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, I saw your chair on Miss Mustard Seed and was thrilled to read your post, and I recognized Swiss Days! The greatest place in the world! And I am not the only one who thinks so - all the people who attend! I will look for you there and maybe will recognize you by your chair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got my new Ballard catalog today, and you can get this fabric for $24/yd from them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..I didn't know Ballard had it. I've seen it marketed under lakeview fabrics as Love Nest as well. I believe here it is $21-22.00 a yard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your wonderful blog:o)
    Your chair turned out great. Can you let me know how you made the double piping? I have just ordered a piping presser foot and hope to learn how to make it soon but any tips would be most welcome.
    Now following your blog,
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw you at MMS. I adore the chair and the fabric. Thanks, Sue, for letting us know Ballard's has it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angex, we would be happy to tell you all about our process for creating the double welting. We even started to post a comment about it but there was just WAY too much to share. Drop us a line at fiberandfire@yahoo.com and we'll reply with all of our "secrets." :)

    ReplyDelete